Tournament and Park Rules
Download the tournament rules and the park rulesand directions used in all East Hartford, CT tournaments.
East Hartford Tournaments
Shoreline Stinger Tournament
CT USSSA Needs Umpires for 2018
CT USSSA is looking to increase the numbers of umpires for 2018.
CT USSSA always needs more experienced college, high school and travel ball umpires as well as novices looking to get started in umpiring. Read more about USSSA umpiring
Southington Lightning and Shoreline Sting Tournaments Move to USSSA!
Two of the longest running and best tournament providers in CT have moved their events to USSSA for 2018.
- Southington LIghtning has moved their Fall Tournament (Oct. 7-8) and all Their summer events to USSSA for 2018.
- The Shoreline Sting has moved their Shoreline Stinger (July 28-29, 2018) to USSSA.
For more info and to register for these tournaments, Click Here.
7th Annual USSSA Summer College Showcase Now Sponsored by Bownet, July 20-22, 2018
This showcase has become one of the top events in the region and fills up fast.
We have updated the format of this event to meet demand
- 9 of 10 Fenced Playing Fields at P&W Complex and McAuliffe Park
- Format of 6 Game Guarantee over 3 days (Friday, Saturday and Sunday 2 GAMES PER TEAM EACH DAY).
- Fastpitch Nation will once again sponsor the individual showcase camp on the Thursday before the tournament (July 19, 2018).
CT USSSA Partners with State of CT Convention and Sports Bureau For Tournament Hotels
All teams needing hotels must book their hotels through the Connecticut Convention & Sports Bureau website they made especially for our tournaments.
- We have agreed with our hotel partners to make all of out tournaments “STAY TO PLAY”, as this allows them to block out sufficient rooms many months in advance and guarantee the lowest rates.
- Our hotel partners are contractually obligated to not feature lower rates on any 3rd party booking sites. This gurarantees you the lowest price. If you find a lower price at our partner properties let us know.
- Without this partnership with the hotels and teams taking advantage of this process, CT USSSA would not be able to provide as high a quality tournament and all the amenities that go with it without significant increases in tournament fees.
CT USSSA and the Connecticut Convention & Sports Bureau (CTCSB) have worked hard with our hotel partners to provide teams with a great inventory of team-friendly and quality hotel properties all at excellent prices. Most properties include FREE breakfast FREE parking and a pool. Our hotel inventory has all the name brand hotels teams come to expect such as Hampton Inn, Hilton Garden Inn, Holiday Inn, Best Western, Marriott, Comfort Inn and more. Local teams and teams choosing to commute to the tournaments, of course, are not obligated to use a hotel. But teams that are staying in hotels must use the USSSA system to book their room blocks. If a hotel you want to use is not on our list contact us and we will do our best to work with them to be added to our system. However, if the hotel does not wish to participate you will need to pick a participating hotel.
Guest Player Program
One of the most frequent requests we get is what to do when injuries or other unforeseen circumstances leave a team short or with insufficient pitchers or catchers to compete in a tournament.
In CT we use a GUEST PLAYER PROGRAM for events played in CT, MA or RI. A Guest Player is defined as a player borrowed from another team (from inside or outside the team's organization) for a specific tournament under specific circumstances.
For all the details, Click Here.
Earning a Berth to a USSSA National
There are many ways to to earn a berth to play in a USSSA National Tournament.
Berths are awarded to teams based on their order of finish in a tournament and based on the number of teams that were in your division. The more teams, the more berths.
Berths are awarded to teams that co-host or host a USSSA tournament.
At-Large berths are awarded to any team that plays in 2 or more CT USSSA 2016 season tournaments.
In 2017 the Road to Orlando tournament at Disney has no qualification requirement. It's open to any USSSA team.
A, B or C. What is my Team?
The main objective for team classification is allowing teams to play within their skill level and bring parity to the USSSA program.
This allows USSSA to develop tournaments or divisions within a tournament for different classes. It also allows teams to play in the correct bracket at any USSSA World Series event. Briefly A is for the very top teams that consistently challenge to win most tournaments they enter. B is for the majority of teams who are a solid and competitive travel team. C is for new teams, weaker travel teams or town based teams that do not compete regularly on the primary travel team circuit. Read more for details about classifying your team.
USSSA Insurance - More Coverage and Less Cost than ASA or PONY
USSSA offers the most complete line of insurance at the lowest cost of any sanctioning body.
USSSA offers both full year and half year coverage, choice of deductibles and and NO AGGREGATE limit on claims. The policy is good for all play in USSSA, ASA, NSA, PONY and others. Read more about USSSA insurance.