USSSA has a new national guest player system. If a team has a need for a guest player (player not on the roster), please use the following procedures to add them as a guest player for the weekend. These players will show on the roster for the weekend and then drop off automatically on Monday.
Guest Player Instructions
- Sign in USSSA with the coach login.
- Click on team name.
- Click on manage guest players.
- Select what tournament this guest player will participate.
- Click on Deactivate button to deactivate players that won't play the weekend you've selected.
Under “Add Guest Player for this Event”
- Select the state the team the guest player is on is registered in
- Select the team name
- Select the player
- Click Submit
Once the steps above are completed, the guest player will appear on the team’s roster when the event starts and will drop off the roster automatically when the event is over.
Once the guest player process is complete, an email will go to parents, the coach of the rostered team, the coach of the guest playing team and the state director. The state director will still have the ability to deny a guest player.
These are the rules that apply to the new Guest Player system.
1. To be an eligible guest player, the guest player MUST be on another USSSA roster already. If a player is not rostered, the team is unable to use the guest player system to add them to the roster. The team should contact their state director to add them to the roster.
2. All guest player request need to be done 24 hours ahead of tournament start date. Same day guest players are not allowed.
3. Who is eligible to guest play for a team:
- If a team is playing in a C or B division of a tournament, the guest players would need to be on the same age/class of team that the guest playing team is playing or lower. Players rostered on a higher class/age team wouldn't be eligible to guest play even if age eligible. EX: The team is playing in a 14C division. They’d be able to pick up a 14C, 13C or 12C rostered player as a guest player. If the team is playing in a 14B division they’d be able to pick up a 14B, 14C, 13 Open, 13C, 12A, 12B, 12C, 11 Open or 11C rostered player as a guest players.
- If a 14B team is playing in an A or Open division of a tournament, they can use a player rostered on a higher age/class team as long as they are still age eligible. EX: The team is playing in a 14A or Open division. They need a guest player and want a player rostered on a 16B roster but who is still 14U eligible. They'd be able to use her as a guest player. If the team was playing 14B in the 14B division (not open) of the tournament, they would not be able to use her as a guest player. But if they were playing 14B in a 14U open division they could use her.
- If the team is playing in a C or B division of a tournament, they can have up to 15 players. EX: A 14B team has 20 rostered players and 5 aren't available to play, they wouldn't be able to use a guest player as they have 15 players still available to play. If the team has 6 players missing, for example, they'd deactivate the 6 players and be able to use 1 guest player to bring the roster to 15.
- If the team is playing in an A or Open division of a tournament, they can have up to 20 players. EX: A 14B team has 20 rostered players, playing in a 14 Open division and 5 aren't available to play. They'd be able to use 5 guest players. They'd need to deactivate the 5 players who are not available and then add the 5 guest players to bring the roster up to 20.